Sales Engineer - Chicago Area
As a solution architect based out of Chicago, IL for Tempered Networks, you and your regional sales executive will be responsible for presenting our security solution.
In addition, you will be responsible for creating and delivering demonstrations of the Tempered Networks’ security products, gathering customer technical requirements, and ensuring the customer evaluation process is executed to a successful conclusion.
You will work closely with customers as their primary point of contact for feedback and resolution of issues, and will be the customers’ advocate for issues that require assistance from Corporate. You will also work closely with the product management team to provide feedback on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer and channel base
- Technical presentations and demos of our technology.
- Gather information from our customers to be able to show how our technology meets their needs.
- Design and build proof of concept.
- Map requirements that would illustrate our solution meeting our customer’s needs.
- Manage projects from pre-sale to post-sale.
- Extensive domestic travel is required and international travel may be required as necessary. Located in close proximity to a major metropolitan market preferred.
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling network based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies, Web Application Firewalls, and technologies such as IDS/IPS, and Anti-Malware.
- Candidates should also have practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Tempered Networks solution.
- 5+ years of experience as a Sales System Engineer or systems integrator
- Experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems, AAA knowledge (LDAP, AD, Radius) and SIEMs.
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network based security solutions
- Knowledge of Security designs for industrial control systems, such as PLCs, RTUs, HMIs, and radio and satellite telecommunication, as well as common ICS network protocols, such as Modbus, OPC, and DNP3
- Clear understanding of 1 through 4-layers
- TCIP protocols and the OSI model
- Clear understanding of Encryption
Please apply: email@example.com
Tempered Networks is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tempered Networks does not accept 3rd party candidate submissions.