SEATTLE, FEBRUARY 23, 2016 –Tempered Networks, Inc., provider of secure connectivity for business critical infrastructure, information, and endpoints, today announced its participation at the 2016 RSA Conference in the Trusted Computing Group’s (TCG) session “Securing the IoT”. Tempered Networks’ demonstration at this event will focus on how enterprises can protect devices and information stores that live outside the traditional security perimeter. Attendees will learn how to cloak mobile endpoints, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, and cloud computing assets by removing the IP footprint of any device from the underlying network.
Tempered Networks will demonstrate the key steps to enable cloaking of devices, and how to build an identity-based overlay network to ensure secure communications. Attendees will understand how to:
- Ensure that only trusted entities can talk to other trusted entities, based on device whitelisting.
- Replace spoofable IP addresses with unique cryptographic identities (CID) that are only known to other trusted endpoints.
- Employ end-to-end encryption (AES-256) to conceal any communication and endpoint.
- Implement automated orchestration to ensure error free configuration—at enterprise scale.
“Tempered Networks’ advanced device and network cloaking capability sets the standard for the new enterprise perimeter,” said Jeff Costlow, Security Architect at Tempered Networks. “There is a clear need to address security for the growing number of endpoints that often do not have native security, as well as public cloud apps and services that must connect to your network. We will demonstrate how organizations can build cloaking around the logical associations of systems, devices and endpoints whether they are in the data center, branch office, public cloud or untethered. This is essential to achieving effective device security and cloud security in today’s distributed and hybrid IT environments.”
- Who: Tempered Networks
- What: “Cloaking is the New Perimeter” demonstration
- Where: TCG Demo Showcase – Moscone West, 800 Howard St, SFO; Room 2006
- When: Monday, Feb 29 8:30 am – 12:30 pm PST
- CEO perspective on State of the Art Cyber Security. https://temperednetworks.wistia.com/medias/8x6apcb2df
- Tempered Networks Breakthrough Cloaking Technology. https://temperednetworks.wistia.com/medias/yqgnagiufu
- Primer on Host Identity Protocol (HIP): A Game Changer in IP Communications. http://temperednetworks.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/whitepapers/Host-Identity-Protocol-Andrei-Gurtov.pdf
- Tempered Networks Solution Preview. https://temperednetworks.wistia.com/medias/p910ry72pz
About Tempered Networks
Tempered Networks is the pioneer of Identity-Defined Networking (IDN), unifying networking and security with a simplified approach that removes the constraints of IP networking. Our elastic and fully encrypted IDN fabric protects every connected resource with a unique crypto identity, instead of a spoofable IP address, enabling you to cloak any IP or serial-enabled endpoint, machine or network--with no IP modifications. For the first time, any network and connected resource can be orchestrated, cloaked, and encrypted from the start. Device-based trust is flexible and portable and extends from any external and public cloud network to internal network hosts and clients. Any IP resource can now be instantly provisioned, moved, or revoked, making your network as adaptable as software, more secure, and simpler to manage. For more information go to www.temperednetworks.com.
Forward-looking statements. Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute forward-looking statements. Such statements include, for example, statements regarding the Company’s or management’s beliefs, expectations, estimations, plans, projections and similar statements. Any such forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the Company’s actual results and performance, or industry results to be materially different from any results or performance expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this press release and there can be no assurance that the results and events contemplated by such forward-looking statements will, in fact, occur. The Company expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to release any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statement contained herein.